Why are you not adding facial serums to your beauty regimen? Lightweight, efficient, and filled with optimized features are all qualities we look for in cars, mobile devices, health and even in our dating experiences (Tinder).
Facial serums are quite fluid (agile) because of their water-based nature and are filled with the most essential active ingredients your skin needs. The benefit of water base anything is this: our body is made up 70% of water, water cleanses/purifies, water travels fast, and water is a powerful carrier/deliverer of nutrients, evaporating swiftly and leaving behind essentials.
If you have oily skin or are have acne-prone areas (chin, forehead, or nose), like I do, facial serums are ideal in providing you a shot of small molecules, anti-bacterial or aging agents to your skin.
The use of facial serums in your beauty routine is similar to adding vitamins and all of the most essential supplements into your freshly pressed juice or smoothie. Serums consist of concentrated micro molecules and the most essential ingredients, so the skin absorbs them quickly and deeply.
READ: JUICERS MAKING HEALTHY LIVING JUICY AGAIN
A shot of the right facial serum means boosting your complexion, quickly fighting future breakouts deep in your pores, and supple skin (if sealed with a light moisturizing oil).
Unlike creams and moisturizes which tend to contain heavy ingredients keeping water from penetrating your skin, or worse clogging areas of your skin- facial serums contain less thickening agents and at times, contain no oil altogether.
Before You Buy Facial Serums
When applying serums or using any products it’s incredibly important to soul-check yourself. Your skin is often times a manifestation of what you’re putting into your body (not just your skin). What goes in must come out. Fighting battles at the surface/ solely on your skin are like planting diseases infested apple seed, waiting for it to grow, and then attempting to treat/cure each apple individually.
Get to the root of your breakouts by eating more leaf-greens, detoxifying and anti-inflammatory foods, water (I recommend alkaline water and especially water not contained in plastic bottles).
My Serum Beauty Regimen
DAYTIME FACIAL SERUM BEAUTY ROUTINE
1. I oil pull for 30 minutes with extra virgin oil and brush my teeth (believe it or not internal bacterial caused by foods, cause not just bad breath but acne and other health/skin related issues).
2. I drink a glass of water (alkaline ) and add a teaspoon (or two) of Moringa to it.
3. I lightly exfoliate (I use any cleanser containing ingredients that I can pronounce and I mix with brown sugar. Yep! )
4. After cleansing my face with warm water, apply a pea-sized amount of day time serum, patting it evenly over skin with my fingers (rotating upwards).
5. I Spray Pearlessence Rose Water Hydrating Face Mist 8 oz
6. I Wait 10 to 15 minutes after applying and then seal with a light rose oil moisturizes or any light-weight facial oil moisturizer you prefer https://amzn.to/2MD7v1r. Please don’t skip the moisturizer. Whatever you do, just pat serum on your face first, so it isn’t blocked from penetrating your skin.
7. I may or may not apply makeup/ light powered makeup.
NIGHTIME FACIAL SERUM ROUTINE
1. I use a light cleanser
2. I use an overnight recovery serum
4. I drink a glass of chilled celery juice (sometimes with lemon).
5. I try to get to bed by 10:30 PM.